Monday, January 3, 2011

Broccoli Bacon Quiche

As promised, here is a recipe for the Quiche I made on Christmas Morning.  It was delicious!   And  I did get compliments from my guests.   You CAN make this up ahead  as I did, and then reheat it, it came out fine.



  • 4 Slices of bacon 

  • 4 Eggs

  • 1 Cup half & half

  • 1 cup grated Swiss cheese (I used cheddar instead)

  • 2 Cups broccoli (frozen is fine!) 

  • 1/3 tsp. salt

  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder (I grated up some fresh) 

  • 1/8 tsp. lemon pepper (I used plain black pepper) 

  • 1 9inch premade pie shell

  •  
    1 Cook off the bacon, then crumble them in a chopper. 
     
    2 Beat eggs with the half and half cream and the Swiss cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in broccoli, salt, garlic powder, and lemon pepper.

    3. Add about half the crumbled bacon  into the mixture. Pour into a pie shell.  Top with remaining bacon and a bit more cheese.

    4 Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until done.


    Enjoy!!

    .


    No comments:

    Post a Comment