Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Menu

We used to have a huge family dinner back in the day, but as things evolved,  it turned into a very informal breakfast/brunch type deal. And much cheaper than serving a formal dinner with all the fixin's.

This started when I was still working.  I was supposed to cover the 11-7:30 shift, but I worked it out with my coworker so we could split the day. She would work 11-3, and I came in to cover the rest of it.  This way she would leave to have dinner with her family, and I was able to enjoy most of the day with mine.  This way, I didn't have to worry about a big meal, and all the clean up that I know no one else will do. 

SO for our breakfast, we'll have a french toast casserole, a broccoli bacon quiche, roasted potatoes,  fruit, muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee and orange juice.   Later on in the day I put out some cheese and crackers to munch on, and my husband like shrimp cocktail.    Last year I put out a meat platter I picked up cheap, and some rolls for sandwiches, but no one even touched it.  Not gonna do that this year.  If I do, I'll just make my own. 


I'd love to hear  what others do for this day.  How do you celebrate with your family while keeping it on the cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment