Wednesday, September 1, 2010

End of summer....

Hello!   I truly hope that everyone has had a terrific summer!  Ours ended at 6am Monday morning, when I got my oldest daughter up to go to her first day of middle school.  My girl started 5th grade and in our town they run on the high school schedule.   We are on day 3, and she is still doing good at getting up, because she knows that if she doesn't or gives me a hard time, its bedtime at 7 for her! LOL  My 2 younger ones don't have to get up for another hour, but they seem to enjoy getting up earlier and I wish they could start earlier too.  They  get up and get going, eat their breakfast, get dressed, check their backpacks and they are ready to go LOOOOONG before its time for the bus. 


I really am enjoying my new life as a sahm with no kids during the day.  I've gotten so much accomplished, my house stays clean  for longer than a few minutes.  I love not having to issue time outs for fighting, I can watch my story uninterrupted. LOL   I have a feeling I'm going to be bored soon so I have thought about going to look for a pt job, but I'm not sure where I want to apply.  My schedule is very restrictive, I really can only work for a few hours during the day when my kids are gone and I can't work evenings or weekends.  My husband does not have a 9-5 work schedule like normal people so that leaves me hanging quite a bit and I can't rely on him.  He does have Sundays off all the time, but we have got to be a family at some point so I will not work that day.  I'm considering checking into Walmart or Target just for Mother's hours, if they will have me.  We'll see!  LOL


I will miss summer 2010. It was a hard one, financially for us, but we made it work.   Thanks to Swagbucks, I was able to even use some of the free money I earned to do stuff with the kids, such as take them to the beach, or the zoo.     Summer is God's gift to us for getting through these miserable New England winters, and we must always use it to the fullest.  I really enjoyed cookouts with my family, swimming in my mother's pool, going to the beach with friends, and enjoying walks and bike rides with my children.  Now as summer winds down and the madness of school and fall sports begin,  we'll always look back on these special days with fond memories.   Thanks for everything.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment