Friday, September 10, 2010

My Grocery Budget

Have you ever sat down and wondered, really wondered what you spend on groceries each month?   Do you think you could do better?  Should you spend more?   I decided to put myself to the test and see how much I spend this month and how much I actually SAVE using my coupons. 

For me, I'm a stocker upper, meaning I buy what I can for a super low price then put it away for when its needed.   So sometimes my bill is a bit on the high side, but I'm buying ahead. It evens out as sometimes I'll have a really low bill, just buying what I need because I've bought ahead previously.

I havn't had a huge shopping trip yet, but I've a few little ones.  Some I spent cash, some I used my debit card.  So here are my totals so far:

On Sept 1, I went to Better Valu and bought 2 steaks, a package of chicken drumsticks, a lb of grapes, 1 container of Hood Sour cream, and 2 packages of Bologna. My total was 17.68. I didn't use any coupons.

On Sept 6, I went to Walmart and bought several items I needed.  My total there for 8 items was 15.58. I didn't use any coupons on this trip either.

Yesterday, I did my weekly shopping, I went to Shoprite.  I had a bunch of coupons, some really great ones that got me a bunch of items for less than $1.  Love those! I usually only shop sale items too, you'll find that when you do that, alot of the items you need are cheaper than Walmart! For instance, Shoprite has loaves of enriched white bread for .99!  Yesterday, they were on sale for .88.  Thier 'regular' price  for certain items is better than those big box stores, and its worth the trip!  SO I spent $52 there (I don't have my reciept in front of me), and I think I save around $45 with coupons and store sales.

Finally, I popped into Walmart to get a few items I needed there.  I got lunch meat, yogurt, cat food, litter, and a few other items, my total there was 35.39.  I saved .50 with one coupon.

So far my total spent for the month of Sept is  $120.65.  I am on the 10th day of Sept, I've got 3 more weeks to go.  How much do you think I will spend for the month?? How much do you think I can save???
Let me know what you think!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment