Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weight ain't nuthin' but a number....

Right??? 

I'd like to think so, but I don't know anymore. Why is it SO hard to lose 1 whole pound? 

I got the news from my Dr back in June, I needed to lose weight. He challenged me to try and lose about 20 lbs by Nov1.  NO problem!  So I thought. How hard could that be?? If I lost 5 lbs a month until my appt, I would be MORE than the 20lb I needed to lose.  Its got to be easy to lose 5 lbs in a month.  Yeah right!!

The first month of June and July, I JUST about lost the first 5 lbs. I went from 171 to 166.  I was so impressed with myself, but also realized this was going to take more effort that I thought.  I spent a lot  of time walking, I walked miles every night. I was watching my diet, cut out the junk, the pizza, the good stuff, and I only lost 5lbs. In the following days I was able to lose another 3lbs, for a total of 8lbs.  I was on my way, thought it was MUCH harder than I thought it would be. 

The month of August was horrid.  We had 100 degree days for almost the entire month. There was NO way I was walking in that heat.  My daughter started cheerleading and I volunteered to be the assistant coach  so most of my nights were now consumed with activities.  I became team mom for my son's soccer team.  My husband can't understand why I'm so unavailable right now LOL, I'm busy!  My only free day is now Friday, no practices, no games.  My kids get home from school and I have supper on the table for them with in the hour, they have to eat to get ready for the nightly activities.  I have NO time left for ME anymore. 

My diet and weight loss journey went by the wayside.  I just gave up. My clothes are tight again.  I'm thinking the worst and just don't care.  This morning I started thinking about it, and can't understand why this is so hard.  And my appointment is now only 2 months away.  Yikes!  SO I got out the scale stepped on it and prepared for the worst.  To my surprise, my weight is the same!  Okay that's a lie, I gained back 1lb, I'm at 164.  So I still have a 7lb weight loss.  I'm slightly inspired again, I'd love to just get back in the grove now that the kids are in school all day, and the weather has cooled. 

So really, is weight only a number? I like to think so, I mean how hard can it be to go from 164 to 159?  Apparently, much harder than I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment